EME was incorporated in the State of Michigan by Michael Kelly (Owner and President) in November 1997. Mike along with the rest of the EME team have managed environmental projects up to $1,500,000 with 20 man crews. EME is experienced in dealing with sensitive issues, difficult construction schedules and managing client’s needs.
The Team EME timeline covers highlights from our first 15 years in business.
Mike started EME in 1997 with more than 10 years of successful experience as a senior project supervisor for a large environmental firm. He has been in the environmental industry since 1982. Mike brings his expertise to EME as a hands-on Project Manager/Estimator. He developed EME based on quality, responsiveness and attention to detail.
Michael’s keys to success: Developing business relationships based on performance and accountability.
Jeff (1999) has an emphasis on asbestos abatement and pipe re-insulation.
Jeff’s keys to success: My “hands on” experience in the industry allows me to communicate effectively with our crews and customers.
Dave (2005) is highly experienced with servicing large clients for asbestos, lead-based paint and mold projects.
Dave’s keys to success: Being able to coordinate between the client, the office and the crew, with the client needs being foremost
Jeanine (2004) brings 20 years of financial accounting and administrative experience.
Jeanine’s keys to success: Understanding the financial details, analyzing them and communicating the information to owners to help run the company.
Diane Highfill (Watson)
Marketing Specialist/Office Manager
Diane (2004) brings over 20 years of marketing, graphics, IT and customer relations experience.
Diane’s keys to success: Being organized, creative and understanding our customers’ needs.
EME is a member of these organizations:
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) of Metropolitan Detroit
- Construction Association of Michigan (CAM)
- Indoor Air Quality Association, Inc. (IAQA)
- The Lead and Environmental Hazard Association (LEHA)
- Livonia Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan School Business Officials (MSBO)
- Michigan Society for Healthcare Engineering (MiSHE)
- National Demolition Association
- Redford Chamber of Commerce
EME holds these certifications:
- Certificate of FEP Compliance
- City of Detroit Human Rights Department Equal Opportunity Division
- Wayne County Based Enterprise Program Wayne County Small Business Enterprise Program
- Michigan Builders License
- Council Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor
- Council Certified Thermography investigator
- Asbestos Contractor Supervisor
- Asbestos Project Designer
- EPA Certified Lead-Safe Renovator
- Certified for Confined Space Entry
- Certified for Mobile Scissor/Articulating Boom Lifts
Some of EME’s Recent Clients Are:
- Adamo Demolition Company
- American Environmental Consulting
- Applied Science and Technology, Inc. (ASTI)
- Arch Environmental Group
- Archdiocese of Detroit
- August Mack Environmental
- Birmingham Public Schools
- Brix Corporation
- City of Dearborn Heights
- City of Detroit – D.O.T.
- City of Inkster
- City of Livonia
- City of Monroe
- City of Royal Oak
- City of St. Clair Shores
- City of Woodhaven
- EJH Construction Group
- Environmental Testing & Consulting
- Frederick Construction
- Greg Construction
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools
- Henry Ford Community College
- IAQ Management Services, Inc.
- Innovative Environmental Solutions, Inc
- InStar Services Group
- K & K Remodelers, Inc.
- Kasco, Inc.
- KCI General Contractors
- Laurens Construction
- Madonna University
- Midpoint Construction
- Mosher Dolan Company
- O’Brien Construction Company
- Oakwood Healthcare Hospitals
- Olympia Entertainment
- Plymouth Canton Public Schools
- Pontiac Schools
- Providence Hospitals
- Redford Schools
- Rock Industries, Inc.
- Rolar, Inc.
- Signal Building Company
- St. Clair Construction Company
- The Beresh Group, Inc.
- The Monahan Company
- Toll Brothers Builders
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of Michigan
- VanAssche Construction
- Washtenaw County Community Development
- Wayne County Airport Authority
- Westwood Community School District
- Young and Sons Construction